Jenni and I just finished our first week in ministry, and we had a blast! YFC Germany has two ministries that are active. One is iThemba and the other is The Buzz. iThemba consists of three teams of 7 South Africans who travel around Germany conducting workshops and doing productions for the youth of Germany. Their topics have a wide range (from violence to self-image) and they are quite popular here in Germany. The Buzz is YFC's bus ministry and they also travel around Germany building relationships with the youth (youth is considered ages 12-28)
This past week was spent in Stadtallendorf at the Hessentag Festival. This is an annual festival, and about 70,000 come every year. iThemba was invited to the event by the Wasser Kirche (Water Church), and we we came along with them. While iThemba was preforming, Jenni and I worked at a juice bar that served non-alcoholic cocktails and we also helped at a parcour that promoted non-violence. When Jenni and I weren't helping with the juice bar, we were with iThemba, watching their dance performances and being an encouragement to them.
We want to thank you for your prayers, and we would appreciate more! This next week we are joining The Buzz to go to Heidelberg. We're not exactly sure what we will be doing, and so we would appreciate prayer for that as we both are planners and like to know what is going on ahead of time. Also, for those of you who don't know, I have Lyme disease. Fortunately for me, I was lucky enough to have caught it before we left for Germany, but the medicine makes me sunburn easily. I forgot this little detail, and I am now sunburned a lot, especially on my hands, chest, and forehead. Please be praying that the pain goes away quickly as we are leaving on June 7th for our next ministry. Jenni is also suffering from a cold at the moment, so pray that she is able to get rest while we are at the YFC headquarters.
We love you all, and if you would like to send us words of encouragement, you can either comment on here or e-mail them to: germanyteam2010@gmail.com. Thanks guys!
Love,
Megan
I am praying!! Hope you are both feeling better soon and in the mean time, that you are able to do and be what you need to. Jacob leaves in a week for the horn of Africa!
ReplyDelete